Circulation Assistant - $9.19 per hour; NO OPEN POSITIONS
Assists in the circulation of library materials; performs shelving, shelf reading, assisting patrons, answering telephones, and special projects. Advises students, faculty, and staff in the use of library materials. Act as a liaison between the patrons, and the technical staff, as well as contributing to the overall coordination of the efforts of the Library.
• Assisting patrons with informational questions
• Performing circulation duties (library materials check in/out; renewals, holds)
• Retrieving and processing paged items
• Sorting library items, shelving, shelf-reading, and shifting
• Answering phones and assisting patrons at the public service desk
• Processing newspapers
• Photocopying, trimming, and editing library publications
• Data entry
• Basic straightening, dusting & cleaning
• Other duties as assigned
• Job requires excellent public service skills
• Must enjoy working with patrons
• Keyboard 30 words per minute
• Ability to lift 40 pounds
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• Enrolled in 6 or more academic credits at UW or CCC
• Experience with Microsoft Office, and general aptitude using computer software.
• Up to 19 ½ hours per week
• May include some evenings and weekends
Please note: Some appointments are temporary and may change from quarter to quarter, so please check here again next quarter.
Applications are completed online using Adobe Reader and submitted to a drop box which requires a current student UW NetID for access. If you are unable to complete the online application for an open position, you can complete and print a copy of the application, and submit it to a staff member in the Campus Library. Resumes are also welcome with applications.
Work Study students eligible and encouraged to apply.
The University of Washington does not discriminate against individuals because of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.